this blog is a place where you can keep up to date with what is going on at Kim Curran Photography. I will be posting images from new sessions, some fun, educational photo facts & just some random happenings that will give you insight as to what makes me tick ( & click). So keep checking in with me when you are bored or just simply have a few spare moments. Maybe you can share a cup of coffee with me.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

random alley in North Park - Kim Curran San Diego child photographer

A few weeks ago the family & I were leaving a Bird Park summer concert. We tucked into an alley off of Redwood to avoid some traffic. What should I see but a chrome garage door with a Hindu-like painting on it. "That would make a great location for a photo session." I exclaimed to the family. No one acknowledged my comment. This was not the first time they have heard this statement from me. We drove on. The next door was great too! Old & wooden with chipped blue paint, perfect texture. Then a brick wall, very "in" at the moment. Then a picket fence with a vining, flowering plant, are you kidding me?! I had found Photo Shoot Heaven right there in a random alley in North Park, just a mile or so from my house. I could hardly wait to return!
So I gathered up what I needed;  couple of unique chairs, a few hats & 2 adorable kidlets. We were off.
We spent most of our time at the painted garage for a few reasons. 1) it was working & 2) motivating my cute little subjects/child labor to carry the chairs down the alley was not going so well.







I liked this in black & white. What do you think?

We did make it to the blue door 

3 comments:

  1. omg! you're so lucky!! :) I love that garage! But omg...that blue chipped wood! swoon! That is SO me! lol
    Great shots as always, love the color pops. Love the black and white. I'm going to need to see the picket fence and the brick too, so...get snappin! hahahaha.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly! I love the cracked blue too! I have shot a lot of blue in my days. The chrome was a new toy. Did H Irene hit you????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim--Love this location ALOT!!!!! gotta go! :)jennifer

    ReplyDelete