this blog is a place where you can keep up to date with what is going on at Kim Curran Photography. I will be posting images from new sessions, some fun, educational photo facts & just some random happenings that will give you insight as to what makes me tick ( & click). So keep checking in with me when you are bored or just simply have a few spare moments. Maybe you can share a cup of coffee with me.

Friday, September 9, 2011

"PLAY BALL!" Jack's big moment at Petco- kim curran

take 2...I started writing this post yesterday about 3:30 when the power went out. That was fun, huh? 

Tuesday evening Richard & I took the kids downtown to Petco Park to see a Padre game. We were uncharacteristically early. Jack had just finished  rolling down the hill at the park-in-the-park when we were approached by two members of the Pad-Squad. They asked Jack if he would like to be the "play ball" kid. He's an outgoing boy so I was not surprised he said sure. We chatted for a bit then they asked Jack how old he was.  The fear shone in their eyes when he said 4. Jack is a good size kid. They must have thought he was around six. Reluctantly, they decided to go with him. So Richard & Jack disappeared into the crowd with the Pad-squad. Isabelle & I got ice cream. About a half hour later, Jack reappeared on the big screen!! I was so excited. Take a look...he nailed it! 
sorry about the lame music. You-tube has become quite strict regarding copy rite infringement. I thought this would be better than nothing, maybe I was wrong.

9 comments:

  1. That is the cutest "play ball" I've ever heard! That was a lot of pressure on the little guy (hands out of pocket, smile, etc)and he handled it really well. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They coached him for about 20 minutes, Richard said they were all pretty nervous. Love that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 65341d48-db07-11e0-ba98-000bcdcb5194 who are you??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim! I just love this! I am tearing up because I know how much Jack loved that moment. How exciting!!!!! He is such a beautiful boy Kim :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen, Jack thought it was cool but Richard was on cloud 9!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! He did a great job! They should have asked him to dance too ;-).

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie, you must have watched "just to make you smile..." The boy's got moves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that kid! He did awesome, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is SO cool!! What a special memory for Jack. I bet Richard was over the moon! lol
    "That's my boy!"
    I love it! :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete