this blog is a place where you can keep up to date with what is going on at Kim Curran Photography. I will be posting images from new sessions, some fun, educational photo facts & just some random happenings that will give you insight as to what makes me tick ( & click). So keep checking in with me when you are bored or just simply have a few spare moments. Maybe you can share a cup of coffee with me.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Art Around the World & happy 4th! Kim Curran

I was notified this morning by art around the world that the image I submitted was accepted and published on their site.
This is a portrait of Eli. In May I was busy photographing students at my daughter's school in efforts to raise funds to support the Art program. I'll be posting more on that soon.
If you like this image, please do me a favor & click on the link, then scroll down to vote. It is my understanding that the contest has a panel of judges that make the final decision, but online votes can only increase my chances, right? ...& comfort my frail artist ego:)

I'd like to wish all of you a Happy 4th! I'm not much of a writer, never have been (guess I'm more of a visual person, huh?), so I'm going to share with you someone who is. Treat yourself & take a look at Michelle Zive's blog. She has a wonderful 4th of July message. You won't be disappointed.

17 comments:

  1. I voted! Beautifully picture, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim -- you've got my vote! I love the photo and I love it even more that a wonderful favor :) to the AEA Auction led you to enter this photo in the competition! Good luck -- I hope this brings you more recognition of your talents. -- Mamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim-I just voted (of course!) you are amazing!! And i posted the link on facebook :) jennifer doss(nevadas momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted! You have a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KIm you're the BEST!!!! The beauty in your photos are so inspiring!!! We love you!! H and M Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such talent! Congratulations!! Love, Kristen Liberman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YES I voted for you! You rock!
    ♥Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vote is in! Your photos of my boys are the new highlight on our wall:) good luck!!
    Nikki (Zane & Zander's mom:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, Your vote is in...and your portrait is fabulous as all of your work is! Best Wishes on the win! Michelle(Joseph's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea Kim! I voted for you!! Your pics of Em are so special to us! Can't wait to have you take some more!!!
    Shannon (Emily's Mommy)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer CaltabellottaJuly 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM

    Kim, I just voted for your picture! You are an amazing photographer! I also plugged you on Facebook. So excited for you and your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, I always feel like I'm looking into the beautiful soul of the people you photograph. Just lovely. Karen (Katie/Jake's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful picture, but I wouldn't expect anything less. You have photographed my children since they were babies and I cherish each and every picture. You capture their personalities in every shot. Your photos are unique and beautiful. I feel honored to have someone as talented as our photographer and as someone I would consider a friend as well. April

    ReplyDelete
  14. I voted for you of course! I love yor work. See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how you do it to capture the kids in such a way but you do it in such a gorgeous simple way that is mind boggling. Or there is the possibility that the kids are all future Super models.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I voted!!! Of course!! I love you and your work :) So proud of you. Sacha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jack just pulled the winner out of a hat (yes, we used a hat) Jennifer Caltabellotta....you win!! Thank you all for the support, it means so much to me :)

    ReplyDelete